Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sermon Branding, It Started with cattle


The other day I was making a speech to a group of students Management at a local high school, it seems that the local business executives Future of America was in town has heard a speech by a college nearby. Sure enough a city is a little 'small and asked if I could speak. How could I say no? You see, as a student in high school I was president of my future leaders of America Club, for 3 years and well I attribute at least part of what I learned in those early years to my first success.

It makes sense to give a little 'back as we grow. Anyway we got on the topic of marketing and, of course, this type of marketing the brands they love and love, yet when I started to discuss the brands I've had some funny looks better explain exactly what that meaning is a brand before going very well. Since this was a rural school when I asked if someone could explain branding, a young man also said in 4H branding is the marking of cattle used for identification. In fact it is.

Of course I'm not sure I want to be labeled like that, it sounds really painful. But we are not here to talk about cruelty to animals today. The interesting thing is that these guys were all wearing name brand products, backpacks and computer gadgets. Some had cell phones, iPods and other nick nacks of. So needless to say, as I noted, the children immediately understood the branding of the whey is so important to humans .......

No comments:

Post a Comment